About This Game
Help Jack survive his voyage of self-discovery!
Mayhem in Single Valley is the story of Jack, a local troublemaker who makes a series of earth-shattering discoveries on the day he is supposed to leave home for a new life in the city. Jack's adventure begins in a semi-realistic version of everyday life but unfolds into a humorous and philosophical examination of the interplay between The Player, Jack, and the game's creators.
I spent a year and a half developing Mayhem in Single Valley and devoted equal time to the game's story, music, sound design, visuals, and gameplay. No aspect of the game was treated as an afterthought. My work culminated in a polished prototype that gives players an early taste of how the game looks, feels, and sounds.
Mayhem in Single Valley moved to full production in 2018 but this time with a talented team of artists and coders : ) We have built the latest version from the ground up with a planned launch date of Q3/4 2019.
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Lots of level-up items, Easter eggs, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Throw in any direction as you run for your life.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you'd like to accompany your battles.
- The river has a current, anything that falls in will float down stream.
- Your bag is your inventory, drop it if you want to swim across the river.
- Crazed animals will chase you between levels. Shake them off if you want to survive.
- Everything is modular, use NPCs like items, discard your cassette player/soundtrack, throw a fish enemy to distract a hungry bear.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows... are those poisoned rats' eyes I see glowing in the dark.
- Enemies and characters have multiple desires and fears. Squirrels are afraid of bears. Wake a bear, get him to chase you, to clear an escape route of nutty critters.
- Lots of JJ Abrams-esque secret stuff I can't speak about right now : )
Original Soundtrack Preview
"As a RPG that attempts to mix the fantastical with the everyday, Mayhem in Single Valley is a fascinating hybrid of concepts."
Alpha Beta Gamer
Alpha Beta Spotlight Selection
"...once you get to grips with it you’ll be rewarded with a truly unique adventure packed full of innovation, fun twists and lots of easter-eggs to discover. An intriguing and inventive RPG adventure that we can’t wait to delve deeper into."
The Golden Cartridge
"So much more is involved in the making of Mayhem in Single Valley than what I could include in this little preview. If you smiled just a little bit during that trailer, I know you will love this amazing indie game."
"... what I do know is that the strangeness of what followed, as furniture was pushed around, balls thrown, empty beer cans kicked around near a rather upset father, only made me more eager to explore."
Staff pick main page feature
Game Design, Music, and Sound by Brian Cullen
Programming by Andrew Perrault and Tyler Kirkland
Animation and Art Design by Toomas Kimsto
Additional Art Design by Brian Cullen
Addition Music by Mark Shannelly
Funding Kindly Provided By