About This Game
Jack is a videogame character... only he doesn’t know it yet. Help Jack survive his voyage of self-discovery!
Mayhem in Single Valley is the story of Jack, a local troublemaker who makes series earth-shattering discoveries on the day he is supposed to leave home to for art college. Jack's adventure begins in a semi-realistic version of everyday life but unfolds into a humorous and philosophical examination of the interplay between The Player, Jack, and the game's creators.
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Dynamic context-based conversations and inner monologues.
- Lots of level-up items, modes of transport, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Combine, use, equip, items. But beware! Searching through your knapsack leaves you vulnerable to attack.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Manage your medication or your world will become distorted and you will die!
- Walkman based soundtrack. You decide what music you'd like to accompany your battles. Different tracks boost different players abilities.
- Unique 2D lighting that transitions between morning, evening, and night, changing the look and feel of each environment.
- Lots of Abrams-esque secret stuff I can't speak about right now : )
Original Soundtrack Preview
Latest Mayhem In Single Valley News
I remade my debut game You Are Not A Banana from the ground up and released it just in time for the Steam Summer Sale. The Better Edition features improvements and updates based on the player feedback it received. This article provides an overview of some of the new features, tips on the dev process, […]
Arranging Layers Rooms in Mayhem In Single Valley (download demo for Win, Mac, Linux) are made up of many separate images (sprites). A sorting script organizes the order in which the sprites are layered within a room, that is, whether a sprite should appear in front of or behind another sprite even as characters, items, and […]
With Tale of Tales retreating from the indie games scene, Steam offering refunds on games with under two hours of clocked playtime, and Desura’s parent company going bankrupt, it’s been an unnerving month for indie games creation. Backstory Before I discuss where I’m at today, I’d like to talk about You Are Not A Banana and how Fluxscopic Ltd. came into being. Like Tale […]