20th May 2021
About This Game
Help Jack survive his voyage of self-discovery!
Mayhem in Single Valley is a this fast-paced, puzzle-loaded action adventure, you’ll juggle housework, zombie hordes, family dinners and radioactive squirrels! Oh, and you have to prevent the end of the world while stopping everyone from believing it was all your fault.
I spent a year and a half developing Mayhem in Single Valley and devoted equal time to the game's story, music, sound design, visuals, and gameplay. No aspect of the game was treated as an afterthought. My work culminated in a polished prototype that gives players an early taste of how the game looks, feels, and sounds.
Mayhem in Single Valley moved to full production in 2018 but this time with a talented team of artists and coders : ) We built the latest version from the ground up and launched the full game May 20th 2021.
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Lots of level-up items, collectibles, Easter eggs, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Throw in any direction as you run for your life.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack with 2.5 hrs of original music.
- The river has a current, anything that falls in will float down stream.
- Crazed animals will chase you between levels. Shake them off if you want to survive.
- Everything is modular, throw a fish enemy to distract a hungry bear.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows... are those poisoned rats' eyes I see glowing in the dark.
- Enemies and characters have multiple desires and fears.
Geek to Geek Media
"Mayhem in Single Valley is a polished, sharp, fun little adventure game that hits ya like a catchy 80s pop song; you can’t get it out of your head!"
"It is really surprising how a simple premise ends up generating a game so complex and fun that it recalls great cult classics such as Grim Fandago or The Secret of Monkey Island."
WALA WALA Games
"Mayhem in Single Valley is a remarkably well-rounded and very polished game. The gameplay, music, controls, and storylines are all individually outstanding and each complements the other nicely."
"Mayhem in Single Valley is the benchmark of any new puzzle game! This game is polished beyond belief! You need to check this one out!"
"Everything was made to delight and amuse. It is an excellent option for those looking for a simple game to laugh and pass the time."
"It’s great, looks good, and feels good. It has an unrivaled value and just a solid recommendation."
Dave Chats Games
"Definitely worth looking at if you are after a nostalgic fix or looking for something different it’s all here."
"If you like action games, platformers, puzzle games, and pixel art, you are going to have a fantastic time playing through Mayhem in Single Valley."
Game Design, Art Direction, Music, Story and Sound by Brian Cullen
Programming by Tyler Kirkland, Andrew Perrault and Bryan Griffiths
Animation and 3D Assets by Toomas Kimsto and Kirstin Copeland
Additional Music by Mark Shannelly
Funding Kindly Provided By